Tuesday 17 July 2007

Don't make me take the other kidney...

Building on my previous post about donor shortage and a possible market. The BBC have today posted an article on presumed consent for organ donations. It basically brings to light an appeal from the Chief Medical Officer on a low numbers of organ donors and how a presumed consent unless otherwise stated would be a good solution.

I believe this is a great idea as most people are very viable donors and being realistic, they won't be using those lungs any time soon. Hundreds of lives could be saved through donations. I for one would like to see the system be implemented, but I suspect human right activists will make short work of the proposal.

However while waiting for the proposal to get through, you can make a difference, sign up today by clicking here! Become a registered donor!

No comments:

Post a Comment