Saturday 18 April 2015

Podcasts

I have two essays due next week and a presentation, yet I'm addicted to a podcast series called Serial. I'm way behind the game. It was released back in 2014, but it hasn't been spoiled for me, so I've been able to enjoy it on my commute to medical school all this week.

The premise of Serial is an episodic investigative journalism program that covers the case of a teenage American girl who was murdered. It's addictive because you have a journalist as the narrator that works through the case in each episode. I swing from side to side multiple times within an episode and even as I draw to the end, I am still undecided on who done it.

Podcasts never really grabbed me before. Serial is a high quality production so I've been spoiled with my first one. My main use of podcasts previously, was for educational purposes, which makes them so dull. The engaging nature has had me addicted and been so tempted to binge watch like Netflix.

Anyway, I think you should check it out. If you have already gotten the podcast bug, drop me some recommendations in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment