Monday 3 March 2008

Work is Shit

Had a crap day and need some advice.

I work for sainsbury's as you may have guessed. I have been having trouble with college work load for the past 2 months so 5 weeks ago I applied to drop Friday nights and take up an extra hour on Thursday. I currently work Thursday - 3hours - Friday - 3hours - Saturday - 9hours = 15 hours a week.

Personal are claiming that we are understaffed across the store on Fridays so I cannot drop it.

I am also one of about six people who are trained to work in the kiosk with the lottery machine. If I were to leave they would have no one to work on thursday nights, saturday lunch breaks and saturday afternoon.

What should I do? I love the job and my colleagues but can I force a contract change? If not shall I go above to the store manager or just leave (or threaten)?

4 comments:

  1. Quit whining. At least you're not a patient:

    http://adventuresincardiology.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like your job, then don't leave it...

    Threatening doesn't seem like a good idea to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a teenager so I'm allowed to moan. I've only got loud parties and bunking of college to do otherwise.

    ms-ellisa: I agree with both points but I've given in my notice, I'll wait till tonight and should see if they have had a change of heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd speak to the manager about my situation and offer to train someone else on the lottory machine to replace me.xgamnxmz

    ReplyDelete