Sunday 17 August 2008

Goals

With just over 2 weeks left of the summer holidays and my AS results being less than amazing. I've been planning how to make a difference to my grades. Using a method I though to be extremely stupid at school, I've decided to set clear goals and how I'm going to achieve them.

Being that some of you have actually taken the time to follow my blog I thought I'd share it with you.

I want to get AAAA for my A2s. I also want to get into Med School. I refuse to let this dream go. I've thought of nothing for the past year and a half. I smile everytime I imagine myself at uni. This has to work, proving that bastard on the helpline wrong. But my favourite is I want to get tickets for a Coldplay concert. I regretted it when they kinda broke up and now that they're back and doing a world tour, I've got a second chance.

AAAAs
  • Prepare for lessons
  • Review class material from the start, don't wait till exams come around
  • Use the cornell note system
  • Keep my desk tidy for studying
  • Get resources like exam questions at the beginning of the year
  • Produce a study time table and stick to it
  • Use my free periods more productivitly, not just for subway
  • Maintain a calander linked with my study timetable so I can work in friends and other commitments
Med School
  • Some more Work experience: Gp, Hospital, Childcare and Nursing Homes
  • Stay on the student union
  • UKCAT 700+
  • Get back into hockey or just pick up a sport
  • Go to the gym
  • Book some more open days
  • Finish off my online sign language course
  • UCAS Form
Coldplay
  • Get a Job!!!

2 comments:

  1. I worked my arse off to get ABBBD and just about blagged my way into UCL to do medicine.

    I suppose you have to really want to do it, I just breezed in, decided i couldn't handle 6 years with those utter utter muppets and left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon, you in the year below or would be in 2nd year?

    Blagging the way into UCL is the way to go it seems, don't worry too much about work experience, I did 1 week in a GP EVER and still go in, just be charming in an interview situation.

    There are some utter utter muppets that do medicine too...

    ReplyDelete