Sunday 15 March 2009

Results (I got some As!!!!)

I've held off for a while 'cause I've been 'crunching the numbers' and working it out. But thought for any pre-meds who were interested in my UMS and all that they'd be able to have a look. This will probably identify me very quickly but denial is a guy's best friend.

I took 4 A2 exams in Jan and 6 AS retakes.

A2 Exams
Chem 4 - B
Central Concepts (Bio) - B
Core Maths 3 - C
Criminal Law: Special Study Paper - A (72/80) !!!!!!!!

AS Retakes
Chem 2 - B
Chem 3 - B
Human Health and Disease - A (88/90) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Transport (Bio) - B
Core Maths 2 - A!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Statistics - B

Not as brilliant as I hoped but they are much improved from last year. I'm planning to do four retakes (Chem 1, Foundation, Core Maths 1 and English Legal System) in the summer and as long as I get As in both the retakes and A2 exams, it'll be fine. I'm going to be knuckling down, once again but first I've got to get coursework out the way. Fun times. I'm so happy though. First time I've gots As and bloody good As in A-level exams!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. well done, are you going to retake core 3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done getting A's at alevel isnt as easy as the press would have us believe. From experiance get really good coursework marks it could really save your butt in exams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your A's! Hope things continue in this positive direction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I just discovered your blog and I've read most of it. Well done on these results, you should me capable of getting A's in biology and law and a b in chemistry. What are your total ums scores now btw?

    I'm one of those lucky so and sos who got an offer this year and I fel compelled to offer my advice. Work your arse off now and get AAB obviously. Get loads of work exp in the summer.Apply again, pay for a PS checking service or use the ones on TSR. Do lots more revision for the UKCAT lol!

    I applied to Liverpool Lancaster campus. they have less than 300 applicants a year and let people in with ABB. Not many of heard of this but its deffo worth a shot.

    If worse comes to worse, remember that there are loads of jobs in the NHS. Loads of people blindly swear that they want to be a doctor and nothing else. Personally I think it's be cool to be an occupational therapist :) just think, no tuition fees and you're out earning two or three years before the medics! If you don't get AAB then consider one of these, you may well find yourself a hugely rewarding career.

    Oh and btw if you haven't already then request feedback!

    Phoebe x

    PS (PM me on TSR if you like, I'm fantasystar38 :D)

    ReplyDelete