Wednesday 4 March 2009

Guess what...

Another rejection....
Exeter this time :(
They did it through UCAS this time. No letter or anything but fun.

Just waiting on Barts which is so odd. With a requirement of AAA, they technically should have rejected me straight away....

Course there is my backup but I'm not sure about it anymore. The course is three years instead of two and I'm just not sure. I really want to do medicine.

I've also decided I don't want to do the course at Leicester. It's going to be more competitive that normal medicine entry plus I hate the course. I can't get stuck on a course where the last year is pure research. I get bored of being in a lab for 5 hours with yeast. Can't do it for a year...

2 comments:

  1. "I get bored of being in a lab for 5 hours with yeast"

    have you actually experienced that or are you just saying it. Why don't you start the course and then apply againif your Alevels are good, if you make it to med then just quit after easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im currently a biomed student as i didnt get the grades although yes it isnt med i do still enjoy it and the fact i want to do graduate enrty med motivates me to do well.

    I would recommend that you dont reject your back up stright away as if you dont make the grades for medicine then atleast your back up will be at a good uni which your unlikely to get in clearing.

    But if you do succeed in getting the grades a year out is probz your best option and alot cheaper than 3 years at uni doing a degree you really dont want to be doing.

    If you think yeasts bad have a look at some of the microbiology photos on my blog.

    ReplyDelete