Monday 27 April 2009

Plans

I've got quite a few pms over at TSR about this, five in fact, from pre-meds who've been rejected like me for all their choices. I've replied to them but thought I'd post my plans here for others to read.

Basically my plans hinge on results day. If I get three or four As then I'm taking a gap year. I plan to get a job. Go to Peru. Volunteer with vitalise. Join a gym. Take up Tennis again. Take up Hockey again. Camp America next summer. Some more hospital work experience. Volunteer at a nursery/day care centre. Some more care home voluntary work. Learn a language or two. And gate crash freshers weeks up and down the country :D

If I don't get AAA then it'll be plan B. Go to uni somewhere, doing something. Bio med or virology. Then transfer in first year, or finish the degree and apply for medicine at the end of it. I really don't want to do that route. I will just hate it. So bring on the revision!!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck i hope you get the grades. Im on your plan B and although i wouldnt advice it, its not all that bad ive come to realise after a year of hating it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is all that bad if you do it for a long enough. And you're at the age when you think you know everything. But good luck and I hope you get all the As.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished reading you blog from the begining. I like to way its written and wanted to wish you good luck in your revision and exams. I know from last year that getting A's at a level is hard, even if its not for medicine (im starting a degree in psychology in september). I look forward to following you posts here on in.

    Chezziepoop :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck! Getting AAA is really hard...don't be too down if you don't manage it, graduate entry Medicine is probably the most sensible option.

    Keep working hard, not long to go now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers. I'm finding to be a bit of bugger. I always seem to come out with Bs. Missing an A by about 2 or 3 marks.
    Just worried about gradutes getting little to no financial support in this recession.

    ReplyDelete