Monday 30 June 2008

Choice

I try not to get politically but something really annoyed me today. I was watching the news and Lord Darzi came on talking about patient choice, patient centred care and etc.

It all sounds good at a first glance but I just fail to see why care should be dictated to by patients with no medical experience. Understandably we should not live in fear of entering a hospital, but at the same time budget, hospital location and referrals should be in the hands of clincal staff and management. Not passed down from government on a whim.

It makes me want to break into Darzi's home sometimes and just slap him with a fish. Seriously, polyclinics and choice and lack of accountability make me want to scream at how stupid this government is. I'm moving to America once I'm through med school!!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't move to America!! What are you thinking?! Ha, I'm an American, 19 y.o., same boat as you, going through college with med school aspirations, and I can say this: You do NOT want to move to America, move to CANADA!

    :) great blog

    ReplyDelete