Sunday 8 June 2008

Saying Goodbye

Off to a meal tonight, saying goodbye to a friend. She's moving to Australia because of a parent's job. I'm going to miss her but it makes me think about what me and my family wanted to do a few years ago.

You see we were planning to immigrate to Canada. We tried for four years, but unfortunately it didn't work out. They simply didn't want us. So we moved on, naturally devastated but we thought about our lives here and it's helped me to release how lucky I am in Britain. Don't get me wrong, if I could I'd be on the first plane to Canada, America or New Zealand but I'm glad I was raised in England.

So I understand why my friend is going, she's got the chance of a better life in a new country. Who could say no to that? I just hope she'll knows how good a friend she was.

Thanks Leah

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you really want to come here? May I ask why? It's interesting, because tons of Canadians want to come to Britain -- I know I would go to England for med school in a flash if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Canada 4 times and we even tried to immigrate there. I love the people, they are more cheery than British people.

    The NHS is slowly being privatised and doctors are continuously unappreciated. I believe that my career would be better off in Canada, America or New Zealand. Although saying that I'd love to train in Britain while sitting the USMILE or equivalent and practice abroad.

    I LOVE CANADA!!! (and England)

    ReplyDelete