Friday 29 May 2009

Student Finance Update

Basically. There are 10 people with my name on the system. 2 other people have the same birthday and their system cannot deal with it. So that meant I was forced to do the paper forms.

My parents earn over £50,000 a year so there is no point me putting down my financial information. I'd rather just do a non-means tested application. So I search the form for an hour, to tick a box or let them know some how that I'm dependant but will just take the 75%. Doesn't bloody exsist. I've phoned Student Finances three times and they're final answer, it doesn't exist. Just leave out 2 sections of the form and they'll get the message. Brilliant. I'll chuck a cover letter in when I send it off cause I know they are going to be bastards about this. Gonna be some fun times.

Yes I am very later for non-means tested deadline and 4 days over the deadline for means-tested application.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just a tad unsure, how come you're applying for student finance when you don't have a course? :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I decide to go on a course through clearing, they need the forms in already. All I have to do, according to Student Finance, is say any course that I'd like to do. Then come results, send them a change of circumstances form and it's done.

    ReplyDelete