Monday 12 December 2011

IT'S CHRISTMAS

I know we still have two weeks to go but today is the last radio show before we break up for the Christmas holidays. Subsquently, my co-host has planned probably the cheesiest Christmas show alive and I've been downloading songs ranging from Michael Buble to T.O.W.I.E's Last Christmas. I'm in the Christmas Mood and very excited.

Spent the Friday and Saturday working at the pub, so two days of studying lost to working. Can anyone say money? I sat in my student union coffee shop on Sunday doing work. It was completely unrelated to my course but instead is related to my role at a student representative.

In my levels of procrastination, I managed to convince a very hungover friend to come to the pub and we ended up have a pub crawl (Is three pubs a pub crawl?) of Mile End. We called it a day at 11. I say we, the last pub we could find that was open closed so we were forced to retire.

I have then spent this morning downloading songs for my radio show and meeting with the wonderful VP of Communications (my student union mentor) to discuss how I'm doing as a student rep. I honestly feel like I'm not doing enough and that I am not a representative at all. However, apparently I'm a "student rep extraordinaire!" and doing great. I'm blowing my own trumpet on here, because I'm not crass enough to do it on twitter in front of all the other councillors :P

No news from Barts still. Probably won't hear till January/February now. I keep forgetting and then remembering every time someone asks me what I'm doing after university. I hate that question. It use to be such an easy one to answer, but now I'm starting to be filled with dread. Student Politics and Journalism are starting to attract me but I would need to seriously step up my game for either and would be a big deviation from my course, medicine and everything I have worked for so far.

As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment